We're here to protect the public's health and improve the general quality of life.
Everything from the air we breathe and the food we eat, to the water we swim in, the streets we live in and the places we work in… all of these things affect our well-being.
Our Environmental Health functions include:
- Registration of all food premises
- Inspecting premises for food safety
- Health and safety at work law enforcement included targeted projects within the fit3 programme (fit for work, fit for life, fit for tomorrow)
- Investigating complaints of noise from domestic or commercial premises
- Investigating problems relating to smoke, dust and odour
- Dealing with contaminated land
- Investigating and controlling outbreaks of infectious disease
- Monitoring local air quality and, by means of permits, controlling certain industrial processes that may be detrimental to air quality
Public Health Section
3 Spilman Street
Tel: 01267 234567